About World Heritage
和歌山県東牟婁郡那智勝浦町那智山 [MAP 2-D]
This temple had been called "Nachi no Nyoirindo" before the 1868 Shintoism and Buddhism Separation Degree, and is located next to Kumano Nachi Taisha buildings.
Along with Kumano Nachi Taisha, this temple is the only example that shows the shape Shinto and Buddhism Fusion in Kumano Sanzan.
As the first sacred place of the West Province Pilgrimage which began in the late 12th Century, even now this temple is visited by many pilgrims as an important sacred place.
Nationally Designated Cultural Properties
|Historic Site||Kumano Sanzan (Within the precincts of Seiganto-ji)|
|Important Cultural Property||Main building including a Zushi chest and Hokyo-in stone stupa|